cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i know the reason behind the Color variation in image - canon EOS rebel T5

akshaya
Apprentice

Hi, I am using canon EOS rebel T5 ..Recently whenver i clicked any picture using this camera i am getting variation of color in the image which i have highlighted below in the picture ... Is it because of the lens or any camera settings..........Pls help me out to get clear picture 

color variation.jpg

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

What are the camera compression settings, for example, I use Large with Fine quality

That 478 kB scares me, that is really small for a 4000x2000 image. You are using way too much jpeg compression which is ruining the picture. You need to set a 9 or 10 JPEG quality level - it will result in larger pictures but as you can see, throwing away data has hurt your images.

If you want to email images, first decide on the smallest number of pixels you can get away with, and then use just enough JPEG compression to get it to the size you want.

View solution in original post

diverhank
Authority

The artifacts are usually the result of the photo editor compressing and modifying  the image and not the result of the camera or the lens.  For most photo editors, the last settings are remembered so if you accidentally set some parameters that would cause the artifacts, you will continue to get them.

I'd set everything back to default for the photo editor and try again.  Just to be sure, I'd choose a default jpeg setting on the camera.   Once I had similar problem every time I applied noise reduction with my photoshop and I solved the problem by setting everything back to default.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Yes, "pic compression" should be low, but for JPEGS that is a high (9 or 10) quality number!

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Looks like it might be a JPEG artifact. What size image and compression are you using?

Do you get the same thing when you try to shoot a plain white paper?

Thanks for your reply .. I dont know whether i am answering right to your question...just checked the properties of the previous image and below are the details Dimensions : 3994 * 1994 , size : 478 KB , horizontal & vertical resolution : 96 dpi Compression : no details ... I usually use befunky photo editor to edit my photos and compress to small size.

The samething is happening for white paper too 😞 ... how can i rectify this?

I just took image on a white paper and  this is how it looks 

IMG_9300.JPG

After compressing using befunky editor

BeFunky Collage.jpg

What are the camera compression settings, for example, I use Large with Fine quality

That 478 kB scares me, that is really small for a 4000x2000 image. You are using way too much jpeg compression which is ruining the picture. You need to set a 9 or 10 JPEG quality level - it will result in larger pictures but as you can see, throwing away data has hurt your images.

If you want to email images, first decide on the smallest number of pixels you can get away with, and then use just enough JPEG compression to get it to the size you want.

Thanks a lot for your reply !! Understood the reason for this variation.. so to get good quality pic compression should be low... Thanks a ton ! Smiley Happy

Yes, "pic compression" should be low, but for JPEGS that is a high (9 or 10) quality number!

diverhank
Authority

The artifacts are usually the result of the photo editor compressing and modifying  the image and not the result of the camera or the lens.  For most photo editors, the last settings are remembered so if you accidentally set some parameters that would cause the artifacts, you will continue to get them.

I'd set everything back to default for the photo editor and try again.  Just to be sure, I'd choose a default jpeg setting on the camera.   Once I had similar problem every time I applied noise reduction with my photoshop and I solved the problem by setting everything back to default.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Thanks for your reply ... 🙂

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Its called Posterization.

http://ronbigelow.com/articles/posterization/posterization.htm

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This is easy to find the cause. Look at the histogram of the original before and after post edit.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements