cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera won't connect to remote

eleanorclaire
Apprentice

I downloaded both canon's app on my phone for my t6 Rebel and the EOS remote app. My camera's wifi is active but it just won't connect at all on cannon's app and on the EOS remote app it says my camera isn't compatable. I also have an infrared remote and that won't connect with my camera either. Someone help please. I need to be able to use a remote on this. 

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi there!

We'd suggest reaching out to our award-winning, US-based technical support team for help with this! They're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to Midnight (ET) and Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET).

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE for support options. 

@eleanorclaire wrote:

I downloaded both canon's app on my phone for my t6 Rebel and the EOS remote app. My camera's wifi is active but it just won't connect at all on cannon's app and on the EOS remote app it says my camera isn't compatable. I also have an infrared remote and that won't connect with my camera either. Someone help please. I need to be able to use a remote on this. 

Not all Canon DSLRs have had infrared receivers. Even the 50D didn't. Check the user manual to be sure yours does before trying to go any farther down that road.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements