cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube canon t31 memory card HELP!

YoutubeYogi-
Contributor

i am going to be making youtube videos soon i have a canon t3i also mac book pro what exact memory cards are good to record whas best for the t31 i heard sandisk 16 class 10 and transend class 10 cards are good has anyone had problems im new to this stuff need help so i wont go buying a card that has problems 

what cards do youtubers use 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@YoutubeYogi- wrote:
Ok ill look I'm heading to buy the sdhc class 10 but what about transcend USB that helps secure the memory from the class cards... Btw his long can i record using sdhc cards

I only use Lexar and Sandisk.  Never used that T brand, but plenty of people have posted about problems with them.

I suggest that you use the “Canon Comminty” link at the top fo the page to find the home page.  There you will find a link to Canon Support, where you can download instruction manuals and software for your Canon gear.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I don't do video but if I did, I would use the SD card that Canon recommended in your manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would stick to SDHC cards, and avoid the SDXC cards.  You want to use a card that was being produced when the camera was first released.  Here is my favorite card for my Rebel T5,

"Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as RAW and burst photography, the 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 32GB."

You want a Class 10 UHS-1, not UHS-3.  That card is at the high end of the performance scale, and may be too much for the camera.  Here are the cards supported by an 80D.  Your camera will be similar, but it lacks "ALL-I" mode.

EOS_80D_SupportedMemoryCards.PNG

Avoid getting the latest high performance card out there.

YoutubeYogi-
Contributor
I bought camera off some one so I don't have an origional card but I'll look into it

YoutubeYogi-
Contributor
Ok ill look I'm heading to buy the sdhc class 10 but what about transcend USB that helps secure the memory from the class cards... Btw his long can i record using sdhc cards

@YoutubeYogi- wrote:

I only use Lexar and Sandisk.  Never used that T brand, but plenty of people have posted about problems with them.

I suggest that you use the “Canon Comminty” link at the top fo the page to find the home page.  There you will find a link to Canon Support, where you can download instruction manuals and software for your Canon gear.

Announcements