cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

inkjunkie
Enthusiast

Have been a casual, perhaps hobbyist, shutterbug for a long time. Never put much effort into learning much of anything beyond full auto point and shoot. Been messing around with some of the manual settings...and having a lot more fun. Decided I wanted to buy editing software. Contacted Corel, was told that After Shot Pro 3 was compatible with my T7I...it wasn't.  Bought Lightroom. Just as in the past I feel very overwhelmed....biting off more than I can chew. 

Unlike the past I am not going to pack the camera away and forget about it. Looking for advice on educating myself. Right from the beginning...say a photography for dummies type of thing lol...

Ok...perhaps not THAT entry level. 

Any suggestions?

20 REPLIES 20

John_SD
Whiz

As has been mentioned, Canon provides its own post processing software suite called Digial Photo Professional. It is free with Canon DSLR cameras. You can also download it from the Canon site, which is what I did. It is perfectly fine for my usage. I would start with DPP. I think you'll find it more than capable at this stage.  

I would provide a simple link to ALL of the DPP tutorials, but the mods would have a nervous breakdown or ban me. 

Announcements