Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Transferring Photos

So, a few days ago, my friend gave me her old EOS Rebel XT, and I've already taken many photos. I really am enjoying this camera, but there is one problem: I can't figure out how to transfer the pictures from there to my laptop that is equipped with Windows 10. Is there any way you could help me out with this? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Transferring Photos

The simplest and most reliable method is to buy a card reader that plugs into your USB port.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Respected Contributor

I believe that this camera uses CF cards, so make sure the reader reads those.

I would just try to plug a USB to micro USB into the camera and the computer and see what happens.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

You need a USB to mini-USB cable. 

IMG_0742.PNG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Frequent Contributor

Turn the camera off. Connect the cameras to your computer. If you don't have a cable you will need a USB with male Type A and a male Type mini B. You can pick one up from Best Buy, Walmart, or other electronics store for $10 or less.

Turn the camera on. Open up My PC. There should be an entry for Canon EOS or just EOS. Click on that a couple of times until you reach the photos. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

And you might have to toggle between "PTP Communication" and "PC Communication" on this camera.