cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The red lights for each focus point have stopped lighting up in my view finder (Rebel T3i)

mindyknape
Contributor

The red lights for each focus point have stopped lighting up in my view finder.  Can anyone help me with this? (Rebel T3i)

13 REPLIES 13

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Certain camera settings can cause that to occur.  One of them is AI Servo mode, instead of One-Shot. 

Another is setting is described on page 85 of the instruction manual, which describes how to manual select one AF point ... and how to turn all of them back on again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks, I've alreay tried these things and it hasn't help =(

Does the AF work even though the points don't show ? Is the lens mounted switch set to AF?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Have you tried completely resetting the camera back to factory default settings?  On most Canon DSLRs, it is two step process.  See page 176 of te Instruction Manual.  If time and date are not cleared, then the camera has not been fully reset.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mindyknape
Contributor
Yes, the AF does still work and pictures are still clear and the lens is in AF. I've never used MF.

mindyknape
Contributor
I've read that the foggy glass piece above the mirror may be out of place a bit??

If the focusing screen was out of place the view in the viewfinder would most likely not be sharp. 

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK - CANON. They can try and help and guide you if repair is necessary. 

Given the the camera age repair may not be cost effective. 

Note that Date & Time are not reset when camera settings are cleared (page 177).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank You!

There is also a custom function that controls this. Could it have been set?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements