cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T7i Kit Lens Upgrade Recommendation

mrkblm
Apprentice

I have an EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 18-135mm IS STM Kit Lens.  I primarily shoot landscapes so stay in the lower focal range less than 55mm.  I'm wondering if there is a better zoom lens for this camera that will provide sharper images and overall better quality than this kit lens.  I know lenses exist that are not L series, but I dont know if their image quality will be the same or better.  Can anyone make a recommendation whether canon or another brand?

15 REPLIES 15

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"However, it appears that is the goal in this case."

However it is, in response to this..........

"Sometimes you just want a new lens.  It just makes you happy, new toy to play with, and that is reason enough in my book."

Sometimes you do just want a new lens.  But, it is best to have purpose for it.  It can be hard to evaluate oneself objectively, but more times than not, the camera gear is not at fault for less than dazzling photos.

The only lens recommendation that I would make would be to invest in a fast prime, if you do not have one.  There is a lot to be learned about photography from using a wide aperture lens.  If you take a serious photography class, having a fast lens is probably highly advisable, and should be mandatory.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"But, it is best to have purpose for it."

I do as I so plainly explained, they make me happy.  They should make you happy unless you are chasing the unobtainable goal of ever better IQ.  There is always a "better" lens and there always will be.  One time just do it for the fun of it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"But, it is best to have purpose for it."

I do as I so plainly explained, they make me happy.  They should make you happy unless you are chasing the unobtainable goal of ever better IQ.  There is always a "better" lens and there always will be.  One time just do it for the fun of it.

I like lenses as much as anybody. (Well, maybe not quite as much as Ernie.) But if all I want is to be happy, I'll go buy 1.5 L of Australian Shiraz for $9.37.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"...go buy 1.5 L of Australian Shiraz for $9.37."

It is probably good I have no idea what that is.  What's the f-ratio and is it constant or variable?

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...go buy 1.5 L of Australian Shiraz for $9.37."

It is probably good I have no idea what that is.  What's the f-ratio and is it constant or variable?

Something tells that it has a constant rapture of 80 proof,or better.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Says the guy with more lenses than football players on a football field."

Hey, I resemble that!  Smiley Very Happy

EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements