cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i and external monitor won't work

mderksen
Apprentice

I have a T6i and when I connect it to an external HD monitor using the HDMI out port no image is displayed on the external monitor. the camera acts like nothing has changed.

I went into the camera settings and set the Ctrl over HDMI to Enable, but that didn't change anything.

Am I missing something?

18 REPLIES 18

@Sarah1989 wrote:
I'm having the same issue and my LCD is still active even while the HDMI cable is plugged in. It was working fine yesterday. Could it be the port or the cable?

It is one or the other.  I would suspect the cable first.  Try a different cable.  Avoid the cheap ones.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Had this same problem. After trying different cables and monitors i went into the menue and cleared all settings. It cleared the camera of everything i had changed and brought it back to factory defaults. Pluged the camera into my portable monitor and it was working. 

Disable the WiFi/NFC setting and it will work

@ipsprod wrote:

Disable the WiFi/NFC setting and it will work

YOU are genius!  Thankyou!

The simplest thing i didnt do.  ... a million posts online and NO ONE suggested this.  I specifically made an account here to comment on and give your post a bump.

Thank you very much.  I was ready to throw our camera out the window.

ipsprod
Apprentice

Had the same problem and then found that you have to disable the WiFI/NFC setting and it will work!!

Good luck hope this helps!

supersaiyan81
Apprentice

The steps needed to get a canon T6i connected to a TV with HDMI is to:

- connect HMDI cable to camera

- Connect HDMI cable to TV

- turn on camera (swich to on)

- to display images, press the play button

At this point your camera screen will not display anything anymore but everything else should be displayed on the TV directly.

So, disabling the WiFi is not mandatory, and enabling Ctlr over HDMI is not required either.

Now, if you run into problems and the steps above dont work, and as suggested earlier, resetting the settings to factory default might work however, the best solution is to remove the memory card from the camera and then reinsert back in.

please let us know if this resolves your issue

Cheers

@supersaiyan81 wrote:

The steps needed to get a canon T6i connected to a TV with HDMI is to:

- connect HMDI cable to camera

- Connect HDMI cable to TV

- turn on camera (swich to on)

- to display images, press the play button

At this point your camera screen will not display anything anymore but everything else should be displayed on the TV directly.

So, disabling the WiFi is not mandatory, and enabling Ctlr over HDMI is not required either.

Now, if you run into problems and the steps above dont work, and as suggested earlier, resetting the settings to factory default might work however, the best solution is to remove the memory card from the camera and then reinsert back in.

please let us know if this resolves your issue

Cheers

Youre wrong when it comes to my t6i.  I disabled this option and worked straight away.  This was after a day of diking around with everything. 

... as a matter of fact, if you go to the "Wi-Fi/NFC" option and ENABLE it, it clearly states that it " will disable all connections via DIGITAL and HDMI terminals.

ashish0831
Apprentice

Try disabling your Wifi/NFC  it will solve the issue 

this will solve the issue  ...this will solve the issue ...

Announcements