Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

T5i shooting Wirelessly w/430EX

I have a T5i and a Canon 430ex speedlite. I have just started to play with the wireless mode. I only have one problem. You must have the flash open to fire the speedlite wirelessly. With that open the top flash also fires. Is there a way to disable the on camera flash? I tried changing around a few settings but I have had no luck. I figured I am missing something.

Thanks for the help!

Respected Contributor

Re: T5i shooting Wirelessly w/430EX

What do you mean by "disable"? The Camera uses the flash to talk to the slave unit using flash bursts - it does not have radio capability.

The pop-up flash can be set to not fire during the exposure, and I don't think it does when using easy wireless.

New Contributor

The pop up flash is what I am trying to stop from going off when I take pictures. I can not find the options and I have tried every setting I have found. I was seeing if anyone knew exactly how to do it, if it can be done.

Respected Contributor

The pop-up flash *has* to go off to talk to the slave 430.

As the page from the manual states in the box at the bottom of the page, even though the pop-up has to flash to control the 430, in Easy Wireless, the pop-up flash is not used for the exposure,

flash.jpg