cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5I Easy Wireless Flash problems

Charliemora2
Contributor

I have an EOS T5I and a 430EX-IIIRT Flash but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

I have selected Easywireless Flash on the camera, put the flash into Slave mode, and made sure they are on the same channel, but cannot get the Flash to fire remotely.

Wondering if anyone else has had these issues and if a solution was found?

14 REPLIES 14

@Charliemora2 wrote:

20171107_053430.jpg

I would be curious to know what focal length you are using.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Charliemora2, Thanks for the pictures...

I'm at a loss on why this doesn't work...there are a couple of questions I want to ask...

In both pictures of the flash, you always have the flash at the LOCK position...is there a reason for it?  You should have it in the full ON position when you are changing settings.  Not sure if this is the cause but try changing it to eliminate possibility.

In the first flash picture, it shows wireless off...is there a reason for this picture?  The second picture shows the correct setting however.

If I were you, I'd clear all settings for the T5i to clear out obscure settings you don't even know you had set that might interfere with this.  Also, if you haven't, try changing the camera from easy to Custom Flash setting.  It's something different from a setting that doesn't work.

Other than that, I really don't know...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

The Flash is in the ON position, you can see the white dot is to the right of the levers center, so it appears to be in the lock position but it is in the on position.

The first picture was to show what menu I accessed on the flash, and the second was after my selection.

I have tried the Custome Wireless option with no luck.  I will try to clear all settings on the camers and start from scratch, hopefully that will work. 

My next step will be to trying it with a differnt camera to see if the issue is with the camera or the flash, luckily the flash is on extended warranty so if it is the flash, I can have it replaced.

Charliemora2
Contributor
Canon 24mm pancake, when the pictures were taken.
I also tried it with my Canon 70-300 zoom lens.

@Charliemora2 wrote:
Canon 24mm pancake, when the pictures were taken.
I also tried it with my Canon 70-300 zoom lens.

It would seem that the 24mm focal length is finding its’ way to the remote flash!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements