cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i - Movie Shoot Time Remaining stuck at 29:59

mdizzy
Apprentice

I've had this thing for awhile but I don't use it much. I noticed that the time remaing was stuck the first time I used it. I couldn't figure out how much shoot time I had left. I noticed the images remaining updates though. There were a few times that I have used it and it worked. Is this a bug or just a menu setting I have mixed up?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

hsbn
Whiz
You can only recorded up to 29:59 on a DSLR camera. Somebody say if it goes over that it will be classified as Camcorder and Canon has to pay more import taxes (something like that). But I don't know how much of it is trụeue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I'm not sure you understand my problem. The display is stuck at 29:59 (except for when I'm actually recording). It doesn't change no matter how much I record. Next to it, the images remaining display does update though.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Mdizzy,

The maximum recording time of one movie clip is 29 min. 59 sec. If the movie shooting time reaches 29 min. 59 sec., the movie shooting will stop automatically.  This is why you see the 29" 59" displayed, 

Even if you shoot a movie exceeding 4 GB (as you will when shooting in HD), you can keep shooting without interruption. During movie shooting, approx. 30 sec. before the movie reaches the 4 GB file size, the elapsed shooting time displayed in the movie shooting screen will start blinking. If you keep shooting the movie and the file size exceeds 4 GB, a new movie file will be created automatically and the elapsed shooting time or time code will stop blinking. When you play back the movie, you will have to play each movie file individually. Movie files cannot play back consecutively automatically. After the movie playback ends, select the next movie to be played.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements