cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4i Dead/Hot Image Sensor Pixel

bobakman
Enthusiast

Great. This just appeard today camera was purchased back in November 2012. The bright pixel appears in live view and in video images taken with the camera. I have contacted support and am awaiting their reply.

Bob

I Recieved a reply from Canon I will be sending it in to the Service Center Today.

Picture and video below. Defect looks worse of course at HD video resolution.

T4i Dead Image sensor.jpg

"Cameras don't take pictures, photographers do."
2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz
You can try to map out the stuck pixel. But from what I've heard it only work with still image because pixel mapping is not active during video recording. Anyway, it's worth a try.
"Fix for dead Pixels : Set camera to perform sensor cleaning mode manually (not auto) for one minute. You only execute the function, not exactly performing the whole sensor cleaning procedure. Magically, the sensor cleaning task should shake the stuck pixels off, if not, repeat couple more times until it does. Otherwise, time to call the technical support."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

I did try that last night I actually executed it a couple times and it made no difference. I spoke to a support tech and depending on how bad it is they have the ability to use software to exclude the bad pixel or they may elect to replace the Image sensor entirely. My hope is that they will do the latter.

Bob

"Cameras don't take pictures, photographers do."
Announcements