cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3i -- only beeps -- started today....

thumper300zx
Contributor

I have had my T3i for just over a year. Conveniently, my warranty expired on 7/10/2013. I've never really had a problem with it. A couple times during this year, it would stop taking pictures. But turning it off for a bit and turning it back on solved it. Other than just those couple times, it's been rock solid.

Today I took about 500+ photos on a family outing. All the sudden I get this error, and I don't remember exactly what it was because I turned it off quickly to try to get it working again (time was of the essence) -- I believe it said something to the effect of "shooting is not possible due to an error, turn camera off and on again or re install battery" -- don't remember if there was a number code or what.

After it turned it off and back on, it now just gives me a quick beep (might be a quick double beep) no matter what button I press (and when I let go). It doesn't show anything on the LCD. Doesn't do any focusing. No warnings on the screen or view finder. Nothing. Just beeps.  I'm gonna leave it without a battery, lens, or memory card overnight to see if it recovers, but I'm not feeling to good about this. Any help appreciated. I tried reset tips like leaving out the battery and keeping the shutter button down for 30 seconds -- removing everything and trying a different battery, etc. Nothing seems to help. Very sad. Have loved this camera and it kaputs on me essentially immediately.

10 REPLIES 10

Congratulations!  And kudos to Canon for going the extra mile.

Announcements