cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T3 takes photos, then later, they say "No Image"

tayzerker
Contributor

I just took a bunch of family photos on my T3, and I could go back and view them all and everything right after taking them.  An hour later, I look at them and the latter half of the photos can't be previewed, but rather than a thumbnail, have a "No Image" icon.  The SD card also seems to not want to load on my computer either... Grrrr. 

The card is a 16GB Class 6 SDHC card made by "IRIS."  Photos are JPEG.  I've tried all kinds of recovery software.  Files won't open in Preview, Chrome, Gimp, Finder. GIMP at least gave me the error, "unsupported marker type 0x44"  (the 0x44 tags change depending on the file).

Any ideas what might be the culprit and whether or not I can save the photo session of my kids?  Thank you all so much for you help!  My wife and soon-to-mail christmas cards are also begging for your collective wisdom!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, I know this is a little old but I found this software that was able to repair most of the images. I will link to my dropbox where you can download and look at the images. The downside is tht the software's trail version adds a watermark to the repaired images and the only way to get rid of it is to purchase the full version which I can not justify at this time.

I am including the link if you wish to purchase it your self. Out of 6 different programs that claim to be able to repair jpeg files this is the only one that worked for me. And it was on a windows computer so not sure if they have a version for Apple if that is what you are using. The software is easy to use, just let it scan the folder comntaining the bad pictures then select the ones you want to repair or select all and click on the repair button.

Software: http://www.hketech.com/JPEG-recovery/index.php

Sample of repaired images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yktdbb96sxvsp4z/AABz33pQOGHx-SBPEVFtUgrJa?dl=0

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

jturner4lsu
Apprentice

Did you ever figure out what was wrong.  I am having the same trouble.   I have tried different cards

Ok, I know this is a little old but I found this software that was able to repair most of the images. I will link to my dropbox where you can download and look at the images. The downside is tht the software's trail version adds a watermark to the repaired images and the only way to get rid of it is to purchase the full version which I can not justify at this time.

I am including the link if you wish to purchase it your self. Out of 6 different programs that claim to be able to repair jpeg files this is the only one that worked for me. And it was on a windows computer so not sure if they have a version for Apple if that is what you are using. The software is easy to use, just let it scan the folder comntaining the bad pictures then select the ones you want to repair or select all and click on the repair button.

Software: http://www.hketech.com/JPEG-recovery/index.php

Sample of repaired images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yktdbb96sxvsp4z/AABz33pQOGHx-SBPEVFtUgrJa?dl=0

Wolfie0827 - NICELY DONE!!!  Great find!  I tried a bunch of these funky old image repair tools and never got any of them to work. Thank you so much for figuring this out!!  The SW isn't cheap - so I can see why you couldn't justify it.  Maybe others with issues can pool together to buy you a license (assuming you'd appreciate that) in exchange for running our photos through?  Anyone else have this issue?  Alternatively, maybe I can at least send you some donut money as a thank you or something...  THANKS A BAJILLION!!!

I'm on disabilty now, I used to be a computer Tech and photographer (38 years). I might be able to get the software beginning of June and get you some none watermarked repairs. Right now it looks good for having enough to do it then as long as no emergencies come up between now and then.

I'll let you know if I can or I have to wait a bit longer.

Cool. Ping me when you are thinking about it - I would hate to have you foot the bill, so hoping some of us can contribute to cover the cost. Thanks!!
Announcements