cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sigma 17-70 2.8 Issue with T6S - No Liveview or Video on LCD

stilgar99
Apprentice

Folks,

I need some help. I just got a T6S and my Sigma 17-70 2.4 works fine except when I want liveview of try to use video mode. Neither will display anything on the LCD. The lens works fine on my T5i body, including liveview and video. My other lenses seems to work fine on both my T6s and T5i for Liveview...

Any ideas or help?

Stilgar99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you say display nothing do you mean black display?

I ran a test on my T4i. With no lens attached LiveView works. If I select video I get a warning that no lens is attached, but if I select record the display works. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes...I mean a black LCD display....

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The  Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is a very good lens.  I highly recommend it.  It is in the general same class as the very nice Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  Slightly more range but really pretty comparable.

It should work!  The only thing I can come up with is, possibly, Sigma has not tweaked the firmware for operation with the T6s.  Since the camera and other lenses work as they should.  That would explain why just the Siggy doesn't work well on the T6s.

The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is compatible with Sigma's USB dock. It allows you to connect the lens to your computer to update the firmware. Plus some other adjustments.  The dock is a feature that Sigma has on some lenses.  It guarantees the lens will  work properly with future Canon cameras.  Purchase the Sigma USB dock.

The Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is a vast improvement over the standard 'kit' lens.  When it works, that is!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the response. I guess Im just trying to determine if I have a issue with my new t6s and need to return it.
I agree that based on the data and inputs from others, it sounds like a lens issue. However it would sure be nice to hear if any other T6s owners have seen this with the Sigma 17-70...

Stilgar

@stilgar99 wrote:
Thanks for the response. I guess Im just trying to determine if I have a issue with my new t6s and need to return it.
I agree that based on the data and inputs from others, it sounds like a lens issue. However it would sure be nice to hear if any other T6s owners have seen this with the Sigma 17-70...

Stilgar

Go online and see if any reviews mention using a T6s.  Check some of the largest online Canon retailers, who will likely have the most reviews.  I say buy the Sigma Dock, because it can also perform firmware updates on lenses.  The Sigma Dock is a good tool to have on hand, anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Go online and see if any reviews mention using a T6s."

I generally don't like that suggestion and I don't really recommend it.  You never know if the other owners know what they are doing or not.  But I suppose if you did see a preponderance or trend it might be OK.

The Sigma USB dock is the way to go.  If the lens still doesn't work after a firmware upgrade, there could be something wrong with the T6s.  I really doubt that but, hey, anything is possible.

Get the dock.  If the lens still doesn't work I would call Sigma first before suspecting the T6s.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The Sigma web site has a "DC Lens Compatibility Chart" for their current lenses.  It can be found under the RESOURCES link on the lens data page.

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lens-resources/dc-lens-compatability-chart

I see the T5i listed for use with the lens, but not the T6s, T6i, 80D, T6, or even the 7D2 or T5..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If other lenses work and this *THIRD PARTY LENS* does not, it is probably a lens issue. See if sigma has a firmware update for the lens.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Google is your friend.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=514

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements