cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set audio input level manually on t5i

ChrisFitzgerald
Apprentice

First post here. I've just started workig with my new t5i, which I'm using to work on my ongoing video tutorial series. In the manual I see how it is possible to set the audio input level maually for an external mic but I can't figure out how to navigate to the menu that allows me to do this. I have pored over the user manual a number of times and can't find this information. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Same camera in different shooting modes. The menus I described would be for shooting video in "P, Tv, Av, or M". Anything else will give you a smaller menu selection like you have already seen.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Jagudelo
Apprentice

ok so to set up an external mic on the t5i is that you put the setting on m as shown below and then you foolow the other steps mentioned aboveFullSizeRender 3.jpg

sportcoat17
Apprentice

When I plug my microphone into my camera and try to adjust auto levels only the auto levels on the top in the left ear moves not that R for right on the bottom and when I listen it only comes out of the left ear what am I doing wrong?

@sportcoat17 wrote:

When I plug my microphone into my camera and try to adjust auto levels only the auto levels on the top in the left ear moves not that R for right on the bottom and when I listen it only comes out of the left ear what am I doing wrong?

That question is close enough to gibberish that I have no confidence that I understand it. So I'm just guessing, but it sounds as though you may be plugging stereo earphones into a mono jack.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements