cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Xsi will not connect to EOS utility

djewell
Apprentice

I am having a problem that I cannot download pictures from my camera using the EOS utility when I have my Kodak printer connected.  The device manager shows two camera devices one from Kodiak and my cannon camera.  It would appear to me the EOS utility does not have the coding to figure out what is a cannon camera and which is not.

I called support and they told me that every time I wanted to download photos that I would have to either crawl under my desk to unplug the printer or use a card reader Smiley Frustrated

From what I can see this is a common problem that is not being looked into.  Has anyone else figured out a work around to this rather annoying issue that was not present before I upgraded to windows 7?

I have to say I am terribly disappointed with the level of support I received when I called in.

2 REPLIES 2

7D5D
Rising Star

Did they have you update your EOS utility?  If not go to the T5i link (since the XSi is no longer listed) and downloaded the latest version of EOS util.

You do have some unique hardware combinations, an older camera, Kodak printer, and you are running Win 7.  My Win 7 PC recognizes 4 different Canon cameras independently, 2 EOS, and 2 PS.

I am running 2.3.1.3 for my EOS Utility, its a good thing that you thought of updating the software.  I thought I had gotten it all but went back and checked and wow look an update from Dec 2012 and guess what it works now!!

I think perhaps you should get the womans pay that was on the support line.

Thanks much

Announcements