cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel XS does not turn back on.

jpatten
Apprentice

My wife has a Canon Rebvel XS, and after it is turned off it will not turn back on until the battery is removed for a short time and then replacew..  If it goes into auto-power off mode it does not turn back on until the battery is removed and then put back in.  We have replaced the battery and the same issue occurs.  i have turned off the auto-power mode so it stays on continuosly and so far have not had any issues as long as the camera stays powered on.  The camera is about 3 years old  and looks like it is at 9699 on the file numbering though it may be at 19k since we aren't sure if it rolled over the counter.

Aside from this it appears to be running fine.  She has also gotten occasionall Err 99.

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jpatten,

Since this happens consistently and you're receiving the "Err 99" error message, unfortunately, your wife's camera will require repair to correct this issue.  You may click here for service options:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thats what I was guessing was going to be the answer, but I thought I would check and see

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements