cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 wifi password reset

Maritzaab
Contributor
I just got my EOS Tebel T6 and made the wifi password. Once I tried to connect and I put the password in, it couldn't because I forgot it. Any way I can reset it?!
17 REPLIES 17

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Maritzaab wrote:
I just got my EOS Tebel T6 and made the wifi password. Once I tried to connect and I put the password in, it couldn't because I forgot it. Any way I can reset it?!

If deleting your connection and creating a new one does not work, you will need to reset your camera back to factory defaults.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The wifi menu has a reset option.  Once reset, it will once again take you through the wifi setup with the password.

Maritzaab
Contributor
How can I delete the connection?

Maritzaab
Contributor
Can't find the reset option. Just the "clear wifi settings" which only lets me create new nickname not new password.

That's what you want. It will give you the password when you start the setup process again.

Be a Dear and tell us how to get to "Clear Wifi settings"

Maritzaab
Contributor
I've tried it and the password option isn't coming up.

I've done this several times on my own T6S and it has worked every time.  Did you "forget" the Canon network on your phone first?  If you didn't, try that before the reset of the camera's wifi settings.

Maritzaab
Contributor
I can find the network from my phone. I'm trying to connect the camera to my phone.
When I click the network name on my phone, it asks for the password. I forgot the password.
Announcements