cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel EOS xti won't power up

rmjwell
Apprentice

The subject line pretty much describes the situation. I haven't dropped the camera since the last time I used it successfully; I tried several different batteries that show they are charged. No motor, no rear display, no display in the viewfinder. The contacts are clean for both the batteries and the lens. This is not an error 99 issue.

Is there an internal battery that if replaced might address the issu9e? Or is it a dead board that needs replacing?

I've had the camera for 4 years (bought it refurbished) and this is the first time I've had anything like this (or really any problem).

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
A camera wont power up if it thinks the battery door or memory card door are open. There are small tabs that press the door sensors. You might check them to make sure the tabs and sensors are damaged and are engaging.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Hi, this seems to be my problem, only it's the memory card door. The tab that activates the switch is somehow missing. I need to replace the door and I found a door on ebay. I just want to know how hard is it to replace? My T2i is out of warranty so I'd like to be able to do this myself. There are no camera repair shops close to me either. Does the whole back have to be taken off? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Hello aahadley!

We just wanted to let you know that we don't recommend do-it-yourself repairs. If you're experiencing a problem with your EOS Rebel T2i, it’s best to let a professional Canon Factory Service Center Technician do the work to keep you and your gear safe. You can start the process here: bitly.com/CanonRepairs. Thanks!

Thanks for the response Jason. But since it's out of warranty and it's only a door that needs replacing I was hoping someone could offer some help with this matter. I don't have the $200+ to send it in right now. I thought there might be any easy way to swap out the memory card door.
Announcements