cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple hue

Ambataineh
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I was looking at some pictures I took a few days ago on my computer, and some of them had purple hue.

I can't seem to find anything in common in the purple pictures only. all pictures were taken with EOS Rebel SL2, It's a new camera that is well taken care of. I am a beginner, so trouble shooting is not something I can do just yet.

PS: when I view the pictures on the camera's screen they look fine, but when I opened them on the computer they had this purple hue. not all the pictures turn purple, only some. all pictures were taken RAW.

Thank you for your helpIMG_1156.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

@RobertTheFatwrote:

@Waddizzlewrote:

What shooting mode are you using on the mode dial?  What is your white balance setting?

If you get the same result when you shoot in full auto, Green [A] mode, then your image sensor is shot.  If not, then you White Balance is probably set to Flash.  Change it to Auto.

I don't believe the example submitted by the OP can possibly be explained by an erroneous or suboptimal white balance setting.

Believe it.  When all I had was T5, initially I would use P mode a lot.  I had to manually raise the flash.  I shot some pictures of the Christmas tree, and gifts being opened.  That afternoon, I went outside to shoot photos, but did not need the flash.  The photos turned out looking almost exactly like the OP’s sample.  Everything was purple and pink.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements