Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Photos not saving to memory card

Hello I jist purchased a rebel t6 eos1300d I put in the memory card that cane with it and the photos in taking are not saving to the memory card. I've trying to format the card and it's still not working. What am I doing wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Photos not saving to memory card

What brand and memory capacity is the card?  Did you perform a "low level format" on the card, after you inserted it in the camera? 

Cards need to be properly formatted before that can be used.  Memory cards may have some default formatting scheme on them when you first open the packaging.  The formatting that might initially be present are remnants of factory testing, and needs to be completely wiped.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I think that camera uses SD style cards so make sure the LOCK tab is in the correct position for the camera to write to the card. That lock tab should be at the end closest to the terminals of the card.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Respected Contributor

Any card that came with a camera is probably generic and might not be the best quality. You may want to get a name brand card.

New Contributor

Scandia 32 gb SD hc
New Contributor

Ok thank you