cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos not saving to memory card

ldynw8n
Apprentice
Hello I jist purchased a rebel t6 eos1300d I put in the memory card that cane with it and the photos in taking are not saving to the memory card. I've trying to format the card and it's still not working. What am I doing wrong?
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand and memory capacity is the card?  Did you perform a "low level format" on the card, after you inserted it in the camera? 

Cards need to be properly formatted before that can be used.  Memory cards may have some default formatting scheme on them when you first open the packaging.  The formatting that might initially be present are remnants of factory testing, and needs to be completely wiped.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

cicopo
Elite

I think that camera uses SD style cards so make sure the LOCK tab is in the correct position for the camera to write to the card. That lock tab should be at the end closest to the terminals of the card.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any card that came with a camera is probably generic and might not be the best quality. You may want to get a name brand card.

ldynw8n
Apprentice
Scandia 32 gb SD hc

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand and memory capacity is the card?  Did you perform a "low level format" on the card, after you inserted it in the camera? 

Cards need to be properly formatted before that can be used.  Memory cards may have some default formatting scheme on them when you first open the packaging.  The formatting that might initially be present are remnants of factory testing, and needs to be completely wiped.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cicopo
Elite

I think that camera uses SD style cards so make sure the LOCK tab is in the correct position for the camera to write to the card. That lock tab should be at the end closest to the terminals of the card.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any card that came with a camera is probably generic and might not be the best quality. You may want to get a name brand card.

ldynw8n
Apprentice
Scandia 32 gb SD hc

ldynw8n
Apprentice
Ok thank you

milescricket
Apprentice
Try changing your settings from 'quick view' to 'live view' in the settings.
I had the same problem with no photos saved for half a holiday after I had changed the settings to quick view. I was trying to get a faster photo shoot on my Canon EOS1300D(W). Just found the answer now!
Good luck. Shouldn't need any new card etc if this works.
Miles

Just to point out that "quick view" and "live view" are auto focus settings for live view and do not apply if you are shooting with the viewfinder. In any case, that should not prevent writing to the card. It might prevent the camera from focusing that will prevent the camera from taking an image, but any image you do take should still write to the card.

(You replied to a 4 year old thread. It is doubtful that the OP is still here, especially since a new card solved their problem.)

Announcements