cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My XTi is doing weird stuff!

Rebel
Contributor

Hello!

And, greetings, from somw-bound Minnesota!

I've got a Rebel XTi that's recently started doing some odd things. For example, when the camera is off, the CF indicator lamp will blink intermittently. ALso, when my EF 28-135 ultrasonic IS is attached, I hear a repeating sound like it's trying to stop down. If I open the card door or slightly disengage the lens, these stop. The camera does have a BG-E3 grip attached.

The camera functions just fine otherwise, but I suspect these little nuisances are why battery life tanks rather quickly. I tried the hard reset - removing the main batteries as well as the 3v and turning it on for about a minute, but that didn't do anything.

Sooooooooooooooo....... is there anybody familiar with what I'm experiencing and can offer some advice on fixing this? Thanks in advance for any info!

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

Did you just remove the batteries for a short time or overnight? Overnight is usually recommended.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Actually, just for about a minute. But I'll pull 'em all tonight.

Thanks for the advice!

Rebel
Contributor

Got it fixed! All I needed was an 80D!

That'll do it every time !  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

NICE ! Enjoy.

I spent some time in Verdun in the late '70s. The one thing I remember most is this candy store on Verdun Ave (?) a couple blocks from the river. Montreal is a beautiful city.

@Mr_Fusion wrote:

NICE ! Enjoy.

I spent some time in Verdun in the late '70s. The one thing I remember most is this candy store on Verdun Ave (?) a couple blocks from the river. Montreal is a beautiful city.

I too found Montréal to be a very attractive city, though I was there only once, on my way to the ski slopes long ago. But I sense a disconnect with the context of this thread. I'm pretty sure that Montréal is in Québec, not Minnesota. Am I overlooking something?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

My bad. For whatever reason, I saw "Montreal" instead of "Minnosota". You are correct. 

Announcements