cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rebel t4i is "stuck/froze" on video.

ToniG53
Apprentice

Help.. my Rebel t4i is stuck on video.  I have tried "rebooting".. taking the battery out, tried getting back to default settings.  My view screen says "Press <camera icon> button to activate movie shooting."  There is a yellow dot with an exclamation on the top of the screen above this saying.  It won't go away.  I can't use any of the other modes on my dial.  Initially It was constantly focusing, even with camera off, but somehow I manage to stop the autofocusing.  Very distressed here.  I have only had the camera for about 2 months. I am a beginner.  Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority
Hi, Toni,

There is a tiny little lever, kind of like the flush handle on a tiny little toilet. It is located on the back of the camera, right up against the bottom right corner of the eye cup/ viewfinder. Flip it away from the picture of a video camera and onto the picture of a camera. (Assuming you have not tried this).

Does that get it?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks Scott... but it appears I don't have one of those tiny "levers" on my Rebel T4i.

Oops. On yours the lever is the on off switch. It is OFF ON and MOVIE CAMERA.

I doubt you missed that though.

I think maybe you are just in LIVE VIEW mode. Press MENU and see if you can go into the various menu screens and turn live view off. Your user manual has an index and can help. If you don't have the manual or if they gave you an incomplete one you can Google for it and download a PDF of your manual. There may be a shortcut with buttons or the touchscreen but I don't know it without downloading the manual.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Well... after a week of google searching, forums, emails with Canon, and talking with a Tech person, it turns out I have an electrical problem with my T4i.  Just mailed it to the service center.  ;-(  

Announcements