cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Rebel T6s freezes up.

Masonator_89
Apprentice

I received my Rebel a couple months ago and have been treating it very well as I always do with my cameras.

I always shoot in manual focus mode (for some reason) but the other day I went to shoot in live view, with auto focus. I pressed the shutter button halfway to focus but the screen went black, and the entire camera froze. It didn't change any settings, the power switch didn't even turn it off! I had to take the battery out and put it back in.

I went to try again 10 minutes ago and same result.

Shooting auto focus in the view finder is fine, but not in live view. 
What is the cause for this!??!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

First and foremost, I would recommend contacting Canon Service and Support, at 1-800-OK-CANON.  Write down the serial number, and the EXACT steps to cause the problem, and the EXACT steps where it works fine.  Document the exposure settings, shooting mode, auto focus mode, drive mode, etc.  Canon will ask you for that information.

So, let's make sure you have the answers, ready to go.  What are the conditions when it works?  When it fails?

[EDIT]  Don't post your serial number in the public forums.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

When it works? Always. When it doesn't work? When shooting in live view mode with auto focus. As we speak I am still trouble shooting. I've tried a different lens and same results. I then took the lens off, pressed to auto focus, and the screen did not go black. I put the lens back on and once again it did it.

I also tried, pressing the shutter button for it the screen to go black, I took the lens off and the shutter doesn't seem to be in any abnormal or closed position that would block light. 

Also would like to note that the touch screen does respond sort of, the buttons light up when I touch them but won't bring up any menu. 

@Masonator_89 wrote:

When it works? Always. When it doesn't work? When shooting in live view mode with auto focus. As we speak I am still trouble shooting. I've tried a different lens and same results. I then took the lens off, pressed to auto focus, and the screen did not go black. I put the lens back on and once again it did it.

I also tried, pressing the shutter button for it the screen to go black, I took the lens off and the shutter doesn't seem to be in any abnormal or closed position that would block light. 

Also would like to note that the touch screen does respond sort of, the buttons light up when I touch them but won't bring up any menu. 

That's not good to know.  Contact Canon U.S. Support, 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements