Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

My Cannon EOS 1300D/T6 won't connect to PC!

[ Edited ]

I've been looking for the past few days trying to connect my DSLR Camera to my PC and I still can't find a solution. I have installed all the necessary software in which Canon requires me to download for my specific model and I have also looked at the manual but nothing is working. No detection of the Canon DSLR in devices or anything. I thought it might be a driver problem but my drivers are updated to the latest version in which Canon recommends. 

Any solutions I would highly appreciate it.

My OS Windows 10 Pro

Honored Contributor

Re: My Cannon EOS 1300D/T6 won't connect to PC!

PizzaPeter1998 wrote:

I've been looking for the past few days trying to connect my DSLR Camera to my PC and I still can't find a solution. I have installed all the necessary software in which Canon requires me to download for my specific model and I have also looked at the manual but nothing is working. No detection of the Canon DSLR in devices or anything. I thought it might be a driver problem but my drivers are updated to the latest version in which Canon recommends. 

Any solutions I would highly appreciate it.

My OS Windows 10 Pro

You didn't say how you're trying to connect: via USB or Wi-Fi.  I am going to assume that you're trying to connect via USB, and that you're using the proper cable.  I will also assume that your Windows is up to date, and that you're turning on the camera after your connect the USB cable.

The very first connection might go kind of slowly, as the computer organizes the drivers it needs for the new device.  I've set up the EOS Utility on several Windows machines, and the initial connection was sluggish on all of them.  In fact, most of the time, the EOS Utility launcher would wake up and try to default to make a wireless connection, this despite being activated by a USB cable. 

In the end, I almost always had to go into the Start Menu and launch the correct EOS Utility by hand.  Once I did that the first time, subsequent USB connection attempts would be recognized, and the Launcher would start the USB version of the EOS Utility.  In one case, though, the Utility Launcher did not wake up until I connected the USB with the camera already turned on, after which i could connect the cable with the more normal way, with the camera turned off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I have found out what the problem was.

I needed to disable the WiFi/NFC on my camera and now it detects it straight away.

New Contributor

Thanks a lot Smiley Wink.. was struggling with this for the past two days.

New Contributor

hello   dear  where   you  got     softwhear    of  canon 1300d

New Contributor

That resolved the issue . ThanksSmiley Happy

New Contributor

THANKYOU!!!! I've been battling for 3 months to connect mine to my laptop! Wow you've taken a load off my shoulders. Thank you again.