cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Card in Different Cameras - Question

canonForum
Apprentice

If a memory card used in a canon rebel t31 (or international equivalents) that is set to take RAW photos is put in a point and shoot (say, an old kodak) that does not have the option of setting photo formats, will all the RAW photos be converted to jpeg (or whatever default) or decreased in size in the point and shoot?

Some photos I thought I took in RAW appear to be in jpeg after some memory card swapping between cameras. I might be wrong, but I'd like to know if putting a memory card with RAW photos into a camera that doesnt take RAW photos will change those photos to the second camera's lower-sized photo format.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz
No. And if you put same card to different camera it may corrupt the card and you will end up losing everything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

If you switch the memory card into another camera you should format it again for that camera. That would wipe any photos off the card though so don't do it without downloading any photos first.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements