cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens error on Rebel T6

jamm004
Apprentice
I am able to take a few pictures and then keep getting error the camera can't recognize lens. I have cleaned it still times. Will take a few more pictures and then get the error again. What could be causing this to happen?
8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Possibly a failing data ribbon in the lens. Which lens is it?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jamm004 wrote:
I am able to take a few pictures and then keep getting error the camera can't recognize lens. I have cleaned it still times. Will take a few more pictures and then get the error again. What could be causing this to happen?

What is the error message?

Is this happening with a Canon lens, or a third party lens?

Do you have another lens you can try on the camera body?

If you are using a Canon lens, like the one that probably came with your T6 camera, then all of it is hopefully still under the original Canon warranty.  In this case, I would contact Canon U.S. Support at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I have cleaned it still times."

You can stop doing that as it is almost to never the problem.  But I guess you have come to realize that fact.  It is possible to make it worse by cleaning the contacts improperly.  Never use an eraser for instance.

"What could be causing this to happen?

You will have to provide a lot more infor for any reasonable answer solution.  If you call Canon support, they will ask, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jamm004
Apprentice
Canon EFS 18-55mm

If you Google "Canon 18-55mm ribbon cable" you get the story.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jamm004
Apprentice
Thank you. Calling Canon is my next step. I'm in Ireland right now purpose of buying a better camera. Did not have this problem before trip.

jamm004
Apprentice
If I don't connect the lense all the way it will take punctures. Just very light over exposed. The minute I connect the lense fully I get error 001

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jamm004,

Thank you for posting.

Without testing your camera with a second Canon EF or Canon EF-S lens, it's not possible to definitively say that the lens or camera is the issue. If you have access to a second lens, known to be good, I recommend checking your camera with that to determine the most likely cause of the malfunction.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements