Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: LCD screen has gone blank

I have a EOS 1200D, the camera is still taking photos, but the LCD screen is blank? Can anyone help.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you press the info button?

New Contributor

The tip that helped me:  check to make sure the black 'cup' around the eyepiece is pushed all the way down in place.  If it's pushed up even just a little, the sensor in it causes the LCD to go blank.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I tried the recommendation. But The LCD monitor just doesn't switch on.  It was working fine till last evening.

Sorry I am just unable to find display off sensor near viewfinder? 

Can someone please help?

Regards

Hema

New Contributor

Omg you just saved me from a heart attack!!! So, just for the record... This tip works for 80D as well! 🙌
New Contributor

What if you are missing the piece of rubber that goes around the eye piece? Would that cause my screen to go blank? If so, do you know where I can get a replacement for my camera?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you! My eye cup was indeed covering the sensor. This was driving me crazy! Appreciate your post.

New Contributor

My eye cup had simply slid up! Thanks for the advice.

Occasional Contributor

New Contributor

5D3 user:

My screen has also gone blank a result of the first ever still I was going to take. Yes, I put my eye up to the screen to use the eye piece. Then I noticed the LCD was black and the shutter was crazy slow and I could snap pictures at a fast rate.

In movie mode, the LCD is on at all times.

In Stills mode, info, menue, Q, and playback buttons do display.

Strangely though, now regardless of turning the 5d3 on/off in either Movie or Stills mode, the shutter gate does not audibly accuate (snap) open or closed. Though the display will show up as 'Cleaning sensor'.

The rubber I piece.... I take it on and off and it always does snap down into place. It cannot push down into the slots any further when forcing it down. I snaps into place.

I am in Manual Mode.... does this make a difference?? I set it to A+ (green dial marker) and the results are the same.

I'm on a custom user picture profile for video used... does that make a difference of being able to show the liveview of the LCD in stills mode?

This is so wierd.