cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LC-E10 charger/battery not working?

Gatorade92
Contributor

I bought a brand new Rebel T6 and it seems that my battery is not charging.  My product came with a LC-E10 battery charger.  When I put it into the power outlet, the 'charge' LED will blink every 1 second.  I am disappointed the owners manual says nothing whatsoever about the display light blinking or being solid.

I have left it charging for up to 3 hours yet when trying to power on the camera, nothing happens.

my best guess is that the battery is completely dead/unrecognizable to the charger.  Does anyone have experience with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gatorade92
Contributor

If anyone is wondering, I got a different result using the same charger with a different battery

this time, with the new battery the 'charge' LED stayed solid and didn't blink at all.  After two hours of charging, it was fully charged.  My problem was certainly unique to the original battery I was using.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Gatorade92 wrote:

I bought a brand new Rebel T6 and it seems that my battery is not charging.  My product came with a LC-E10 battery charger.  When I put it into the power outlet, the 'charge' LED will blink every 1 second.  I am disappointed the owners manual says nothing whatsoever about the display light blinking or being solid.

I have left it charging for up to 3 hours yet when trying to power on the camera, nothing happens.

my best guess is that the battery is completely dead/unrecognizable to the charger.  Does anyone have experience with this issue?

It sounds as though the charger is behaving exactly as it normally would with a fully discharged battery. As the battery charges, the light will blink twice, then three times. When it's fully charged, the light will glow solidly and not blink. I think every Canon battery charger I've ever seen works that way. And if the battery is, in fact, fully discharged, three hours is too soon to give up on it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Gatorade92
Contributor
I tried again and still nothing. Same light blinking. 'Full' LED on charger never lights up. Maybe I'll leave it charging overnight. Manual says it takes 4 hours but I'm certain I've charged it long enough

Will the battery work in the camera? What does the camera show for battery level? My guess is that you just need to leave it on the charger longer for a full charge.

I'm also facing the same thinh . I chrged for hours but its not charging at all. yello light always blinking. I dont know what to do now. If anyone has fixed this problem tell me.

How many batteries do you have? It could be either the charger or the battery.

Gatorade92
Contributor
Nothing happens when I put it in the camera.

As far as I understand all I need to do to turn the camera on is flip the switch to the ON position. I don't need to do anything else?

Even if not fully charged, the camera should power on even if the battery has only a partial charge.  Turning the on/off to on should power up the camera.  Let it charge overnight.  If it won't take a charge, give Canon a call and let them take care of it.  Canon does have excellent customer service, so don't worry about it too much.

Even after charging it for ~3 hours, you'd think that would be enough to even turn the camera on, but it doesn't.  To add to that, the battery isn't even getting warm after so many hours of charging, so it is apparent the battery isn't being charged whatsoever.  I am going to go out of town today to buy a new battery and charger and hopefully I'll be able to turn on my T6.

@Gatorade92 wrote:

Even after charging it for ~3 hours, you'd think that would be enough to even turn the camera on, but it doesn't.  To add to that, the battery isn't even getting warm after so many hours of charging, so it is apparent the battery isn't being charged whatsoever.  I am going to go out of town today to buy a new battery and charger and hopefully I'll be able to turn on my T6.

You have thought wrong.

The initial charge used to be crucial for older batteries.  Not so sure about the newer ones, but allowing it fully charge on its’ own is a good idea.  My battery took over 12 hours to initially charge up.  That particular charger is pretty slow.

You have made little mention of the status of the charging light.  So, I am not even going to ask about it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements