cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Connecting SL2 To Macbook

Dharma55
Contributor

I have gone through a tutorial on how to do this, and have done everything correctly. I have downloaded the Utility software and my camera even has successfully connected to my Macbook, but it won't allow me to transfer any files, or even access them (see the screensot) - it asks me to confrim connection settings on the camera which I cannot seem to do

Screen Shot 2560-12-29 at 2.18.36 PM.jpg

16 REPLIES 16

Dharma55
Contributor
And just a note, I am using the latest version of Utility. My mac connects to the Camera's wifi, but I get that error message whenever I go to use Utility..

All the EOS Launcher does is establish a line of communication between a camera and a host.  The EOS Utilities are what actually perform the file transfer, and other features.

Launch the EOS Utility manually.  On some computers it seems to need a jump start.  The computer must be told, or in this case shown, what to do when the device is detected.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly do I do that? I have opened the EOS myself whilst the camera is connected and not connected, and I cannot perform any transfers or access any of the features 😕

Dharma55,

Maybe this will clarify. 

If the camera is operating as the access point, you complete connection on the device connecting to the camera. 

The error indicates the camera is attempting to associate itself with a device as a client, not as the host.

Watch this video and you'll see how to complete the process and the step you are missing.

Connect 80D to Mac via Wi-Fi

The easy connect function generates an SSID name and password for you - Host Mode

The select a network aloows the camera to connect to another network - Client Mode

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hey thanks Rick.

I saw this tutorial and the one the same guy posted related to the SL2 (my camera) and I have literally completed this exact method down to the T, and everything goes well. I pair the camera to the Mac, and I get the same message as he had about the LCD, I click ok on my camera and when I go to Utility, the options are not able to be clicked like he has done.

And you are completeing the very last step on the camera where it asks to acknowledge/allow the connection?

And, after when you click on the Wi-Fi icon (upper left) the camera's SSID has the "check mark" showing the MAC is indeed connected to the camera?

Please temporarily disable the FW on your MAC and restest.  After you disable, disconnect ahd reconnect the MAC from the camera.

Configuring the application firewall in OS X v10.6 and later

Use these steps to disable the application firewall:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Click Security or Security & Privacy.
  3. Click the Firewall tab.
  4. Unlock the pane by clicking the lock in the lower-left corner and enter the administrator username and password.
  5. Click "Turn Off Firewall"
  6. Click Advanced to customize the firewall configuration.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yep. I have attached 2 screenshots relating to what you have asked. The thing is after I click to acknowledge the pairing on the camera, there is a menu that asked to disconnect.ext and below that it says Confirm.set, when I click confirm noting happens.

The problem I get is that when I open Utility I cannot access any of the options at all, only preferences.

Also my Mac automatically opens up 'photos' when the camera is paired, as if to export to there.

I am miffed and annoyed as I don't have a USB or card reader. I have just read about the FW so I will try that 🙂 

Screen Shot 2560-12-29 at 11.14.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2560-12-29 at 11.13.59 PM.png

Nope that didn't work either..

This one really has me stumped. I have reinstalled the latest Utility software twice as well, so it can't be that.

Disable Avast <<<<<  and retest

If it can't be disabled, uninstall it.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements