cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view photos on a computer screen immediately after while I'm shooting.

terrilynn
Apprentice

Is it possible to view photos on a computer screen immediately after while I'm shooting? I have the cord to attach camera to laptop, but have not been able to view until I do a download. My camera is a Rebel XT 350D.

Thanks Terri

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is possible. I do it at every shoot I do that involves big groups because the bigger screen (17" laptop) shows whether everyone is in a good pose. Smiley Surprised

It is called "tethered capture". I use Adobe Light Room 5. Attach a USB cable, start LR and select Tethered Capture. From there it is automatic and everything the camera sees, your laptop does. This method, which may not be the only way, also saves a copy to my laptop.

There are also powered USB cables which allow you to move the laptop up to 70 feet away. If that was needed of course but active USB cable are good for shorter distances because they are more error free and very fast.

BTW, LR5 is a pretty nice post processing, professional level, program for the rest of your image requirements.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Not wanting to purchase LR5, you can do this with the EOS Utility that came with your camera. It is called "Shoot remotely".

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements