cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've got a EOS Rebel XTi whick will not take pictures, it just says busy. I've read some of the othe

KC-2014
Apprentice

I changed the lens from the so-called kit lens to a larger lens, and the camera started taking pictures. I cleaned off the contacts on the lens twice, but still will not take a pic. with the kit lens. Got any ideas

9 REPLIES 9

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KC-2014,

Thank you for posting,

Since your camera works with the larger lens, it's possible that the issue that you've encountered is with the kit lens.

I recommend that you contact our technical support department with the exact lens model that you have. For contact options, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What happens/does not happen?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Cleaning the lens contacts rarely to never works.  Let's see, the XTi works with the kit lens.  It does not work with the 'other' lens?  Something is wrong with the 'other' lens.  It happens, they don't last forever.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 wrote:

Cleaning the lens contacts rarely to never works.  Let's see, the XTi works with the kit lens.  It does not work with the 'other' lens?  Something is wrong with the 'other' lens.  It happens, they don't last forever.

Isn't it the other way around? I.e., the camera doesn't work with the kit lens? At least that's how I read it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I also read it as the kit lens is the problem, and the other lens works fine.  Not much information in the post, but the obvious conclusion would be that the kit lens is broken.  Other than making sure the contacts are clean and undamaged, I don't think there's much that can be done.

OK whichever.  The result is the same.

EB

ebiggs1 wrote:

OK whichever.  The result is the same.

Well, not if you have to replace a lens. The kit lens is almost certainly less of a loss. And since almost any Canon-compatible lens will work on an XTi, the OP may end up better off than before.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

B from B

I never mentioned replacing, simply a conclusion.  Don't put the cart in front of the horse there Robert.

EB

Until the OP comes back we don't know whether it is a horse, a donkey or a mule.

Announcements