cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a canon Rebel T6. How do I remove the histogram when I review my pictures?

jancoslin
Apprentice

7 REPLIES 7

John_B
Rising Star

Hello jancoslin. When you are reviewing your images the information will change each time you press the "DISP" button. This will cycle through the different options. We hope this helps! 

jancoslin
Apprentice

Thanks you!  One more question, if I edit or make changes to photos on my camera is there a way to save the changes so I can print them with the changes?  Or do I have to make the changes on my computer after I download them prior to printing?  Thanks again!

@jancoslin wrote:

Thanks you!  One more question, if I edit or make changes to photos on my camera is there a way to save the changes so I can print them with the changes?  Or do I have to make the changes on my computer after I download them prior to printing?  Thanks again!

Download the files to a computer, and make any edits and changes in your computer.  I would advise shooting as RAW files, not JPEG files, too.  RAW files will afford you a greater range of edting options.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your help!

If you have a Canon Pixma printer, you can edit the photos in your T6 and print directly.  And, some printers allow some editing to be done there, also.  For this practice there is no reason to shoot RAW, jpg is just fine. The T6 it’s a fine camera that's capable of shooting nice images, especially for the market it is intended for.  It is essentially a rebadged T5 with wi-fi.  The T5 is Canon's best selling Rebel and I suspect the T6 will continue that trend.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

amfoto1
Authority

The last thing I'd do is "remove" the histogram from my image reviews!

The histogram is probably the single most useful part of image playback. It's far more informative than the image itself. The histogram, once you know how to read it, gives you the best feedback about the accuracy of your exposure.

It's easy to "magnify" the image to be able to see it larger (see above response....plus most Canon have + and - buttons, labelled in blue, that allow you to enlarge or reduce the image playback). I only use that to check composition, and maybe focus. And it has to be pretty bad for me to delete, since most image evaluations and judgments are so much better done later using a much bigger, calibrated computer monitor.

Also, not sure about your camera, but many Canon allow you to configure the image playback orientation. You can set the camera to never rotate images, always rotate images right side up, or to only rotate images right side up in computer, not in the camera. I always use the latter setting because doing that allows vertical/portrait orientation shots to display as large as possible on the camera's LCD screen. Sure, that means the images are "sideways" if holding the camera in horizontal/landscape orientation. But it's very easy simply rotate the camera to view the image right side up, whenever that's wanted.

One more suggestion.... I set my cameras with Automatic Image Review turned off. That saves a lot of battery power and is much less distracting than having every image play back immediately after it's shot. I just "spot check" images every so often, manually calling them up for review.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2) some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER

Thanks Alan.  Do you know how I can learn to read the histogram?  I've just recently gotten the camera and I think I'm overwhelming myself with information.

Announcements