cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon t5i Rebel. Out of the blue, the screen stopped displaying my pictures after I took

jojotj11
Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel t5i.  Out of the blue, the screen stopped displaying my pictures after I took a picture.  When I press the menu button, the screen works fine, as well as when I press the play button, but it used to show the pictures as soon as I snapped one.  I have checked the settings and Image review is set to 4 seconds.  I am not sure how to fix this problem.  Can anyone help me? 

14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try resetting the camera.  If you are correct about the playback delay, try changing it, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jojotj11
Contributor
Thank you so much for your reply! I am fairly new to this camera. I am not sure how to reset the camera. Also, I have changed the playback delay to off, didn't work, then I changed it to 2 seconds, 4 seconds... So on. Nothing has made a difference. I just like seeing the picture I take right after I take it.

@jojotj11 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply! I am fairly new to this camera. I am not sure how to reset the camera. Also, I have changed the playback delay to off, didn't work, then I changed it to 2 seconds, 4 seconds... So on. Nothing has made a difference. I just like seeing the picture I take right after I take it.

Do not press any buttons after you take a picture, and the image should appear.  You can clear the camera in the menus.

T5i_Reset_Camera.PNG

IF you do not have a copy of the instruction manual, then you can download it at the following link.  Enter your model number.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

BTW, are you using the LCD screen to take pictures, Live View mode?  If so, your images will not appear after you take them.

jojotj11
Contributor
Once again, thank you so much! I do not use the LCD screen when I'm taking pictures, I just like to see them after I take each picture. I do have the manual, in fact, I just looked it all up. I'll try resetting the camera and see if that works! I'll let you know! Thanks again!

which button are you using to review your shot right after you take it?  Also, what kind of sd card are you using?  (the micro w/ adapter don't work) In your manual it will tell you which ones work best.  When all else fails, reset!  lol  I am new too, and I have found the best way to learn is to get thru the hurdles, but keep going.  Try not to get overwhelmed.  One bite at a time, pretty soon you have eaten an elephant.  Everyone on this site is so helpful when you get stuck or need some advice.  Just a word, stick to photography issues or they will censor every word.  So did you figure out what was wrong or get it fixed at least?

jojotj11
Contributor
I don't have the camera on me right now, but it's the same card I've always had,. I take the pictures then download them on my computer and delete them on the card. I used to not have to push a button to view the pictures. Before, I could take a picture then it would pop up on the LCD screen. Now for some reason, I have to hit the play or review bottom to see them, it's not automatic. (Like I'm used to.) I'll do the reset, but I'm still reviewing my manual before I do it though so I know exactly what it resets. Thank you for the reply! If I can't figure it out, I'm going to take it back to Best Buy where I got it and ask them. The man that sold it to me has been really helpful with showing me different things on this camera.

On my T6S, after you hit the menu button, it is in the first "camera" menu under "Image Review". You can set it to off, or some number of seconds and "hold".

jojotj11
Contributor
I have it set on 4 seconds and turned on. Like I said, it had always shown me the picture most recently taken until this past weekend and I haven't changed any of my settings.
Announcements