cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install software on my mac for new rebel t5

karenb20
Apprentice

I am trying to install the software on my mac for my rebel t5. Computer is telling me it's not compatible with operating system. 

32 REPLIES 32

jhansen2016 wrote:
RobertTheFat Honestly, I haven't received any error logs. I install the applications using the disk, and right before the final step, where it shows all the software installed, each individual application from Photo Stitch to EOS Utility, has an "NG" acronym next to. What that means, I've no clue.

When you say that you "haven't received any error logs", does that mean that the Windows system and application logs contain no information relative to the failed installation or that you don't actually know what the system and application logs are or where to find them? If the latter, you might want to do some Googling for relevant articles, preferably from Microsoft. The logs are not always helpful in any given situation; but for any failure of Windows or a Windows program to behave as expected, they're at least a place to start.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

One somewhat common issue with respect to software installation is that the software that would have been boxed with the camera would be older than the operating system you are running on your computer.

Canon updates this software from time to time.  It's generally best to go to the support section of the website and make sure you've downloaded the latest software available for your OS.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

MaryamDeSoto
Contributor

Hello

I recently bought an EOS Canon Rebel T6 and it's been imposible to install any of canon softwares to my mac. I went to canon's support page and tried to install the latest updates and that didn't work either.

What happens to me is after I launch the installation a box appears saying extracting files, after that nothing happens.

Can someone help me with this?

I have OSX El Capitan.

Without this I can't use my camera's wifi option cause there's no way to sync my camera without having canon's softwares install on my computer.

I had no issues with installation running Sierra. Did you try installing just DPP to start? If that installs, you can try each component separately. I did have issues with some of the other components, but not with DPP. Another suggestion might be to upgrade your OS, which is dated now.

I've tried that. It doesn't work.

"I've tried that. It doesn't work."

There were a cuople of suggestions - what didn't work?

I know this doesn't help you, but I have used Canon software since before Yosemite and never had an installation problem, so there isn't a fundamental conflict between macOS and Canon EOSU. That makes diagnosis very difficult since there may be a conflcit between some other software on your machine.

When you say "sync your camera", what exactly are you trying to do. Many folks never use the Canon supplied software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi jrhoffman75
I tried to install DPP and it didn't work either.
I should call Canon as you suggested.
I can upload my photos from my camera to my mac perfectly with apple app photos, but I want to upload my photos directly from my camera to a Web service without having to connect my camera with the usb cable to my computer every time I want to use a photo. I can't do that because when I try to use upload to web service function from my camera it says: connect to a computer, and correct the settings for the Web service with EOS Software.

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Thanks for your help.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you can do that.  Since you have a Mac, why aren't you simply using an iCloud account?  That will automatically store all your photos on their cloud service and also sync between any other Apple devices using the same account.  

The camera is capable of wifi transfers to a smartphone using Canon Connect, but that app will not work with a PC.  As far as I know, your camera will not do wifi transfers to any OS X or Windows computer.

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I don't have that camera, so I can't try it, but when I read the manual I don't think you can connect via wifi to a computer.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements