cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set shooting aspect ratio to 1:1 on Canon Rebel T4i?

betskaufman
Apprentice

How do I set the aspect ratio to 1:1 on Canon Rebel T4i.  Manual says its possible but how?

I can get to picture size, but theses seem to be the same aspect ration, just different resolution.  I want screen to black out to 1:1 for shooting so I can set composition correctly.

This was wasy on my point and shoot 😞

Thanks,

Betsy

1 REPLY 1

ScottyP
Authority

Hi, Betskaufman.

I have a T3i, but the menus are similar.

On the back of the camera press MENU.

Go through the RED menu columns and find the selection called ASPECT RATIO.  It is the last red menu column and the last selection on my camera.

Press the SET button to dive down into the ASPECT RATIO dropdown menu.  Toggle down to 1:1, and press SET again to select it.

QUICK UNRELATED TIP:  If you ever get settings all screwed up in the menus, and you can't figure out what is wrong and how to fix it, just go to the YELLOW menus, and find CLEAR SETTINGS and, well, clear the settings.  It puts everything back to default.  That has saved my sanity a few times.

Does that help?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements