cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys! Need help badly.

Jazz123
Apprentice
Hi. Im new here. Im using my canon 700d for about a month now, i notice something about the flash. It wont timed with the capture so the result is too dark. Can u please help me.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Jazz123 wrote:
Hi. Im new here. Im using my canon 700d for about a month now, i notice something about the flash. It wont timed with the capture so the result is too dark. Can u please help me.

I don't think what's happening is what you think is happening, but we need more information. What kind of flash are you using? What are your camera settings? What are the ambient light conditions? Are you indoors or outdoors? When you say the picture is too dark, is all of it too dark, or are some parts of the scene properly exposed?

You're talking about still pictures, not video; right?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

View solution in original post

@theandies wrote:

There are settings to delay the flash I think.

You can have the flash fire either right after the shutter has finished opening ("1st-curtain sync") or right before it begins to close ("2nd-curtain sync").

Bob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jenine
Rising Star

Oh no, Jazz123! Our US-based support will be happy to troubleshoot that for you! They're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). If you're not in the US, head to global.canon/en/support for help in your region/country, We hope this helps! 

theandies
Enthusiast

@theandies wrote:

You can have the flash fire either right after the shutter has finished opening ("1st-curtain sync") or right before it begins to close ("2nd-curtain sync").

Bob

@Jazz123 wrote:

I don't think what's happening is what you think is happening, but we need more information. What kind of flash are you using? What are your camera settings? What are the ambient light conditions? Are you indoors or outdoors? When you say the picture is too dark, is all of it too dark, or are some parts of the scene properly exposed?

You're talking about still pictures, not video; right?

Bob

Jazz123
Apprentice
Hi there, im using the built in flash. And im on auto mode and the light are too low thats why i rely on the flash.

Jazz123
Apprentice
Hi, the flash starts to flicker when i half press the shutter button. But then when i fully press it wont timed with the capture and sometimes it timed with the flash but the result have no flash on it. Even when im near the objct. This starts to happen a week ago.
Announcements