cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...Rebel T5i pop up flash issue

xxbrittanyxx182
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

For the last year and a half I have been using my first DSLR camera, the Canon Rebel T5i. It has always taken amazing photos both indoor and outdoors. Usually we use the camera in Auto setting or AV mode depending on what/ who we are photographing and our lense. Lately, we seem to be having an issue with the pop up flash. The flash appears to be firing but the images turn out dark with a red'ish tint. I would say the flash works on every other photo, or less, but it looks like it fires. It is most noticeable on indoor photos. I have attached a couple images to show what our photos look like now. I have taken these photos immediately following one another in Auto mode. Anyone know what could be causing this? Or how I can fix it?

Thank you all SO much for your help!

IMG_9188.jpg  IMG_9188.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi xxbrittanyxx! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Perhaps low/failing battery such that flash isn't fully recharged?

does this happen if you take two photos in a row but wait a few minutes between shots?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi, I´m experiencing the same problem and it happens even in the first shoot after placing a fully charged battery using Scene Intelligent Mode (flash pops up automattically).

I took a serie of 10 shoots (all info indicates 1/60 3.5 flash fired) but only 2nd, 3rd, 5th ,7th and 10th looks like flash fired.

Tks 

It seems to be a manufacturing/or project defect. I am also experiencing the same issue. Exactly the same.

It´s a problem related to syncronization. And Canon should know and treat customers with transparency indicating this requires repair.

I had a problem once with a Sony camcorder that me and a friend of mine bought together. Both presented the same defect and SONY fixed it with no charge. It was treated like a recall. 

If it took so long for you in US to figure out how to fix gues here down south in Brazil.

It´s a recurrent problem but not recognized by Canon. There´s a an old post (titled "Re: Rebel t5i 18-55mm pop up flash issue ") that started ‎07-24-2013  and concluded on 01-24-2016 with the repair summary noting that the Strobe Unit has been replaced. The user reports this appears to have fixed the issue and the flash is now synchronized with the shutter.

Announcements