cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Problems with new T6i

pulse01
Contributor

bought it a month and a week ago So im going out of town soon and dont wanna have to send in the camera and not have it with me for the trip...
i called suppot, the person i talked to didnt really seem to have any but to send it in.

this has been happening for a few days now maybe a week... so randomly while taking photos i got a Busy Signal... the screen was black and the busy could be seen in the View Finder also the Red Blinking Light was now a Solid red light... so i wait a while and nothing happens.. i switch it off, and now the screen is no longer black but says "Busy Recording Remaining Images" for hours... finally i just pull the battery.  ( i do not do video i only take photos )

This happens at random sometimes OVER and OVER even after pulling the battery, it will star back up like there is no problem i can hold the button down slightly and it will focus but then you click and.. i have to wait and see if its going to work or lock up again...

i had a (Patriot) Micro SD card with an Addapter that worked for a Month with no problems its a Class 10 
i thought maybe its the fact that it has an addapter... so i go out and buy a new (Sandisk) SD card Class 10 also
take a few pics and boom, same thing.

(i have re-flashed cards and reset the setting countless times at this point) 
I would pull the battery, re-insert the memory card and still sometimes at random it would do it again

i have removed the battery, removed and bought a new SD card, i have removed the lens and switched to others... i have had the isseu with the 50mm (old plastic one with AF) and the 24mm STM, and the 18-55mm kit Lens.

im shooting in RAW, and i dont know if that requires maybe a even BETTER card? but i should note that it has happened in jpeg too... im running out of ideas and im hoping at the very least you guys can give me some more things to try....

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shipped it to Canon! thank you all for the help!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

where is the sensor located, it may help

one time after taking my camera out of my camera bag that piece was off and i just clicked it on without thinking about it 

I'm not sure, but if the eyepiece is properly clicked in place, it shouldn't happen.

I've never actually seen the problem. Maybe someone who has can answer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ok thank you for the info! also is there a setting to turn off that feature? so i can test if its the sensor ? 

@pulse01wrote:

ok thank you for the info! also is there a setting to turn off that feature? so i can test if its the sensor ? 

Not that I know of, and I don't think I have a T6i manual. Start by looking at the custom settings.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Doing that now thank you again for the info. i was able to take pics over and over again without any problem and now only when i use the Live View it locks up instatly and casues the problem  maybe there is a detached inside with eyepiece off the same things happened 😞   

Shipped it to Canon! thank you all for the help!

Did they tell you what was the problem?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

The OP hasn't visited since 4/11/2018.  5 yrs ago.  We may never know.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements