cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gimbal for Canon 700d

noodles231
Apprentice

Can anyone recommend a gimbal for use with a Canon 700d?  The Ikan DS1 Beholder was a possibility in terms of weight specifications, but this model has been discontinued.

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@noodles231 wrote:

Can anyone recommend a gimbal for use with a Canon 700d?  The Ikan DS1 Beholder was a possibility in terms of weight specifications, but this model has been discontinued.

I hope you have a fairly robust tripod, preferably one with a platform, and no center column. 

I find your question [which gimbal for Camera X] to be rather curious.  I would not buy a gimbal to use with a camera.  I would buy a gimbal to use with a specific lens, typically a [super] telephoto with a tripod foot.

Wemberly and Kirk make good gimbals.  Not every gimbal offers all the adjustments that you would need to properly balance the rig.  For example, avoid any and every “gimbal adapter:, which claims to convert a ball head into a gimbal.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I mean a handheld gimbal.

@noodles231 wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear - I mean a handheld gimbal.

I assume that your intent is too shoot video.  There is no single, one-size-fits-all answer to your question.  I would recommend doing research, which you are trying to do, but this is not the place.  Soliciting opinions is not research, either.

What gimbal would work best for you is highly dependepht upon your lens, and what type of shot you are after.  Sorry, that i cannot be of anymore help than that.  Shooting video while the camera is moving can become quite complex, rather quickly.  I would suggest starting small, with a slider.  Moving the camera can demand significant changes in exposure.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2017/11/battle-of-the-best-gimbals-dji-ronin-2-vs-freefly-movi-pro/

I suggest you talk to lens rentals dot com and see what they say. Then rent some to find the best for you, In fact, renting might be your best option anyway.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

B&H Photo has a whole section dedicated to products in this category.  It's in their "Stabilizers & Gimbals" category.

ikan makes quite a few products... they have various weight/load ratings (some are made for small cameras... other models are designed for larger/heavier cameras.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

frankyan
Contributor

Perhaps you might want to consider this handheld camera gimbal: MOZA Air 2.  

IMG_5777.JPG

MOZA Air 2 weighs 1.6kg and has a maximum payload of 4.2kg, with battery life of 16 hours. It is compatible with most pocket cinema cameras, DSLR, mirrorless cameras and compact cameras.

At present, it costs $599. [link disabled per forum guidelines]

Announcements