cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day questions...2

brian222
Contributor

Just getting back into cameras and got a very nice old Rebel XT with a 28-90 lens. I'll stick with that one until I learn more but at some point I'd like to get one more lens. Any suggestions? Mainly it will be outdoors..wildlife etc.

And I've heard about a card reader. Do I really need one?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

got 16gb Extreme. Formatted and working fine. Probably not a big deal to most of you but it's the first time I've formatted anything in a camera.

John_SD
Whiz

First off, welcome to the forum. I'm also a beginner. I picked up a Rebel T6 kit about a month ago and am really enjoying it. There are quite a few knowledgable posters here and they seem willing and eager to help. I've learned a lot just from reading posts and asking a few questions.

While I can't advise you on lenses, I can tell you this: If you are just getting back into photography, download a PDF version of your camera manual and spend some time studying it -- the more the better. I still read mine nearly every day. There is a lot to learn about photography and so self-study is important, I believe. Also, I'm spending time reading "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Great stuff, and I'm learning about the "exposure triangle," which for me, right now, is where it's at. I try to apply what I've read by changing aperature and/or shutter speed and seeing what the result is. Anyway, good luck with whatever lens you might choose, and enjoy the hobby. 

did the PDF...about 170 pages. Working on it.Thanks.
Announcements