cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day questions...2

brian222
Contributor

Just getting back into cameras and got a very nice old Rebel XT with a 28-90 lens. I'll stick with that one until I learn more but at some point I'd like to get one more lens. Any suggestions? Mainly it will be outdoors..wildlife etc.

And I've heard about a card reader. Do I really need one?

Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22

got 16gb Extreme. Formatted and working fine. Probably not a big deal to most of you but it's the first time I've formatted anything in a camera.

John_SD
Whiz

First off, welcome to the forum. I'm also a beginner. I picked up a Rebel T6 kit about a month ago and am really enjoying it. There are quite a few knowledgable posters here and they seem willing and eager to help. I've learned a lot just from reading posts and asking a few questions.

While I can't advise you on lenses, I can tell you this: If you are just getting back into photography, download a PDF version of your camera manual and spend some time studying it -- the more the better. I still read mine nearly every day. There is a lot to learn about photography and so self-study is important, I believe. Also, I'm spending time reading "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Great stuff, and I'm learning about the "exposure triangle," which for me, right now, is where it's at. I try to apply what I've read by changing aperature and/or shutter speed and seeing what the result is. Anyway, good luck with whatever lens you might choose, and enjoy the hobby. 

did the PDF...about 170 pages. Working on it.Thanks.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements