cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File properties - author setting

famousbeagle
Contributor

Hi,

I bought a Rebel T3i used, and when I look at the file properties of an image, it shows another person's name under the "Author" entry in the "Origins" section. I've searched in the manual and online but can't find anything on this.

Does anyone know how I can change that so it shows my name as the author?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

page 172 of the manual: (You need to be in PAS or M mode for this to work. See the star? You might as well use A-Dep mode, since you won't use it for anything else.)

copy.jpg

View solution in original post

diverhank
Authority

@famousbeagle wrote:

Hi,

I bought a Rebel T3i used, and when I look at the file properties of an image, it shows another person's name under the "Author" entry in the "Origins" section. I've searched in the manual and online but can't find anything on this.

Thanks!

Page 172 of the manual tells you how to do it:

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

page 172 of the manual: (You need to be in PAS or M mode for this to work. See the star? You might as well use A-Dep mode, since you won't use it for anything else.)

copy.jpg

diverhank
Authority

@famousbeagle wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Page 172 of the manual tells you how to do it:

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Ahhhhh .... copyright info.

Thanks so much, y'all!

@famousbeagle wrote:

Ahhhhh .... copyright info.

Thanks so much, y'all!

BTW, those settings are much more easily done via the EOS Utility than via the camera's menus. That doesn't matter much if the settings are never going to change. But if you'll be changing the copyright notice (home vs work) or the author's name (when you let one of the kids use the camera), it avoids a bit of tedium.

EOS Utility also lets you synchronize the camera's date and time with your computer. Again it doesn't matter much unless you're going to use more than one camera and want all your pictures to sort in the correct chronological order.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Great, thanks for the tip! 🙂

If you don't have the manual, it is available online from Canon Support. It is often a good place to start if you have a question.

@Mr_Fusion wrote:

If you don't have the manual, it is available online from Canon Support. It is often a good place to start if you have a question.

Thanks. I do have the manual and looked through it but didn't see it. I didn't realize it would be under "copyright."

The paper manual is the "Basic Instruction Manual" , there is a PDF "Instruction Manual" that has more information.

Yes thank you. I do have the PDF manual.
Announcements