Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Exposure comp not working, only AEB.

So a few weeks a ago I turned on my camera and I went to manual, when I looked, the Exposure comp logo was gray, but the AEB was white and still worked... I have a canon rebel t3. ONLY the AEB works now and the Exposure comp logo is still gray. Can someone help me???Exposure logo is not working, AEB is

Honored Contributor

Re: Exposure comp not working, only AEB.

That’s normal.  It seems that some Rebels do not allow for AEC, Automatic Exposure Compensation in Manual mode.  I would assume that the operator can dial in compensation manually.  Unfortunately, that does not work out very well if you are using ISO Auto in Manual Shooting Mode, something which I frequently do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Yes, but it was working before, and then I clicked something and it didn't work...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Not in M mode, it wasn't:

exp.jpg