cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error and busy in viwfinder and monitor not working

Shalva108
Apprentice
Hi, I bot from ebay used eos 1300d (Condition: for repair). In viwfinder showing err or busy during taking picture and monitor not working. I think malfunqtion from factory beacose I noticed that on sensor two smoll points wich must not be there. Is anybody meet that kind problem?
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Shalva108 wrote:
Hi, I bot from ebay used eos 1300d (Condition: for repair). In viwfinder showing err or busy during taking picture and monitor not working. I think malfunqtion from factory beacose I noticed that on sensor two smoll points wich must not be there. Is anybody meet that kind problem?

Return it immediately for a refund, if you can.  You have bought an inoperable camera, which has no more value than as a source for spare mechanical parts.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Shalva108
Apprentice
Thank you, I will try to return it.

@Shalva108 wrote:
Thank you, I will try to return it.

Buying used electronics from eBay is risky.  I would advise against it.  There are reputable online retailers of used camera gear, but eBay is not one of them, and neither is Amazon.  I think the risks far outweigh any potential benefits.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This camera was sold as not working and in need of repair.  This purchase was, at best, a gamble.

I have bought some used and new photography items through eBay and have always gotten what I expected.  Many of the sellers are legitimate resellers, and outfits like Focus, Adorama, and B&H sell on eBay ... often throwing in "extras" that don't appear on their own websites.  There are scams and dishonest descriptions, but they are not common since the vast majority of sellers value their good feedback.  I did recently see one buyer list three identical 80d bodies showing only factory pictures.  His feedback was not good, in that he frequently never delivered products and asked for payment outside of PayPal.  It didn't take much to figure this one out.

Personally, I prefer to buy from Canon's refurb store, and have done very well there.  I would not issue a blanket condemnation of eBay however, since there are some good deals there.  Read everything carefully, research the seller's feedback, and don't expect to get something for nothing.  If you get into trouble, PayPal and eBay will usually help the buyer get a refund on a defective or misrepresented item.

Announcements