cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos 1200D LCD went black but could still take pictures.

Eliquetric_04
Contributor
Few weeks ago when I turned on the camera, the buttons beside the LCD wouldn't work, including the menu button, display, playback, etc, but I could still take pictures with the shutter button, the mode dial still was going. I fixed it somehow by just taking a couple photos. But last night the LCD just went black. I couldn't see anything in the LCD but I could still take pictures. The LCD is just black. I've tried taking the battery out and charged it and then put it back on after one day then it turned on for about 5 seconds and then it's black again. I don't know what the problem is and I don't wanna spend so much money when there's a chance that some of you could help me fix it. If anyone has the same problem and has fixed it. Pls reply to this.
6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Eliquetric_04 wrote:
Few weeks ago when I turned on the camera, the buttons beside the LCD wouldn't work, including the menu button, display, playback, etc, but I could still take pictures with the shutter button, the mode dial still was going. I fixed it somehow by just taking a couple photos. But last night the LCD just went black. I couldn't see anything in the LCD but I could still take pictures. The LCD is just black. I've tried taking the battery out and charged it and then put it back on after one day then it turned on for about 5 seconds and then it's black again. I don't know what the problem is and I don't wanna spend so much money when there's a chance that some of you could help me fix it. If anyone has the same problem and has fixed it. Pls reply to this.

Contact Canon Support.  Hopefully, it nothing more than a loose connection.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Eliquetric_04
Contributor
Thank you. Now it's turned on. Everything is fine I don't know how but it's working. it'll probably go black again later but hopefully not.

Eliquetric_04
Contributor
It turned black again and the access lamp blinks when I turn it on.

You've got some sort of electrical malfunction. It needs to be serviced.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Eliquetric_04
Contributor
Thank you for the suggestion. Would it cost a lot? Or I should just buy a new camera ?

@Eliquetric_04 wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Would it cost a lot? Or I should just buy a new camera ?

Contact Canon Support.  They do not want to lose Canon Customers.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements