cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT Software

TopDrifter
Apprentice

My Canon EOS Rebel XT was purchased in 2006, back then my computer had Windows XP. I bought a new PC that is equipped with Windows 7.  The software for my camera don't work in Windows 7, I went to the Canon site and downloaded the updates for my camera and installed them on my PC and still cannot load my photos from my camera to the PC. I hate to think my $1000 plus camera system has been rendered somewhat useless because of a upgraded version of Windows.  Has anyone else had this problem, and what is the solution without going back to Windows XP?

Thank You

19 REPLIES 19

@stall wrote:

Hi I just bought a EOS 350 D Rebel XT second hand.  I am having problems with downloading the images onto my computer. I have the communication set to printer in the menu. My mac (running on Sierra)   is incompatible with the photo utility provided by solutions disk. Is there anyway that I could trouble shoot (updates, programs, anything?)  it without needing to buy a CF reader?  I appreciate the help

We get barraged with questions similar to yours from countless users of all versions of the Mac operating system. Some manage to fix their problems; others don't. Most spend too much time on the attempt. Your camera is a virtual antique, so you'll probably fall into the latter category. Unless your time has no value to you, buy a card reader. They're cheap; and if you don't abuse it, it will last forever.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Virtual antique?!?!?! The Rebel XT is a piece of art! If you don't know the answer to the question, don't answer it.
CF card readers are very unreliable because of the small pins that need to get into the card, that's why I definitely recommend to NOT use a CF card reader and use the camera to download the pictures. It's pretty straight forward if you know how to.

Bob's advice is correct, "They're cheap; and if you don't abuse it, it will last forever."

Except he left off buy a good card reader not a cheap charlie.

"...CF card readers are very unreliable because of the small pins that need to get into the card ..."

Neither here nor there but I have been using CF cards since they came onto the scene.  I am talking many 100's of CF cards.  I never bent a pin nor damaged a CF card.  You don't need to mimic Hulk when using them and they will work for a long, long time.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@damiankitai wrote:

CF card readers are very unreliable because of the small pins that need to get into the card, that's why I definitely recommend to NOT use a CF card reader and use the camera to download the pictures.

Absolutely stupid statement, good CF readers are not unreliable, CHEAP CF card readers can be unreliable because of poorly aligned pins which displace the sockets on the card then when the damaged card is put into the camera it can distort or bend the pins in the camera.

This is not a fault with card design it is a fault with the people buying rubbish card readers.

I managed to get it work and it's pretty simple. Just put your rebel in Printer mode and open your Image capture app that comes with the osx since the beginning of time.

EMLE
Apprentice

Hello, my Canon EOS Rebel XT was purchased in 2006, I'm looking for a phone app remote trigger. All of the ones i've downloaded recently all require a wifi connection to the camera, I don't think my camera has wifi but it definitely has infrared. Does anyone know of an infrared trigger I can download for iPhone?

Since the iPhone has no IR emitters, No.

**bleep**, thanx,,, what about the ipad? Didn't they used to have IR capabilities? 

EMLEMMXX_ICElogoC.png

Maybe tone down the signature EMLE

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Maybe tone down the signature EMLE"

So that's what that was! I was wondering.  Still don't completely see it though. Smiley Surprised

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements