Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: EOS 1100D Not working

@cjseg37
... the place where I had it checked out was a canon customer service place ,,.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

"I am surprised that you disagree with that advice."

I disagree with the SD card ruined the 'hardware' or the battery ruined the 'hardware'.  No Canon service center told him that. It is BS.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys! You might think that I went to a different store or something but I actually did go to an authorized and official Canon branch and referee to a canon employee. They told me the SD card or the battery are just the possible explanations to why my camera stopped working. But what they told was to bring it to their main canon service center for repair. So pls don’t say that I didn’t try to talk to a legit canon center because I actually did and this is what the referee to me about my camera.
Occasional Contributor

reffered* to a canon employee*
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cjseg37wrote:
Hi guys! You might think that I went to a different store or something but I actually did go to an authorized and official Canon branch and referee to a canon employee. They told me the SD card or the battery are just the possible explanations to why my camera stopped working. But what they told was to bring it to their main canon service center for repair. So pls don’t say that I didn’t try to talk to a legit canon center because I actually did and this is what the referee to me about my camera.

I believe you. While that SD card explanation sounds like conjecture, they did give you good advice, which was the cost of repair is likely to be as much as a replacement camera, AND to take it to the main service center.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."