cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 100D - Manually Setting The Recording Level

hubb
Apprentice

Hello all,

I wonder if someone is able to help me? i am trying to figure out how to manually set the recording level on my EOS100D.

I want to connect an extrenal mic for video, but i can't see how i can adjust the sound recording level. The user manual says it can be done, but it isnt clear how.

Would be glad of any help.

many thanks

jasper 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Select Movie mode, select Menu and go to second red folder.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks John,

thats where i have been. There are 2 movie setting folders within the menu you have described and i have selected every single option there is, but i still cant find the db recording level screen!

Just spoke to Canon and they are saying that my mic may not be compatible (running a RODE NTG2 into a Zoom h4n and then into the mic input on the canon) and that might be why it isnt showing. Cant see that being the case, but will see what they come back with..

If anyone else can shed any light on this it  would be appreciated.

Many thanks

jasper 

Canon have solved my problem... Simply just a change of a setting and its all sorted! Thanks guys!

i have the same problem on my canon 550d.can you help me please

Hi Yassino,

Thank you for posting.

If you're unable to hear the audio in movies, first, try playing them back on your camera. During playback, adjust the playback volume, regardless of the microphone used, by turning the MAIN Dial, located just behind the shutter release.

If you're unable to hear audio, you may have disabled audio recording. Here's how to check for that. With your camera on, switch to the Movie mode, then press the MENU button, then navigate to the "Movie 2 (Movie camera icon with 2 dots), then scroll down to "Sound recording" and press the SET button. Next, ensure that this menu option is set to "On", then exit the menu.

If you're still unable to hear audio in your movies, or if the Sound recording has already been enabled, try transferring the movie to your computer, then play it there. If you still don't hear audio, I recommend trying a second external microphone.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hubb, What was the solution? I am having the same problem with my camera and Rode video mic pro.

@haneyca wrote:
Hubb, What was the solution? I am having the same problem with my camera and Rode video mic pro.

Did you read the previous post from the Canon expert?   Make sure you put the camera in Movie Mode to see Movie Menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements